The Modular Process
What is a Systems Built Project?
Many types of projects are built in a factory and designed for long-term residential or commercial use. In the case of Systems Built projects, units are built almost to completion in a factory, transported to the site location and installed. Any remaining construction is done on-site.
Systems Built projects fall under the auspice of the model building code enforced in the jurisdiction where the home or commercial project is to be located. These can be the BOCA National Building Code, the ICBO Uniform Building Code, The Southern Standard Building Code or the IRC One- and Two-Family Dwelling Code.
Why Should I Choose a Systems Built Project?
Systems Built projects are quickly becoming one of the hottest and fastest growing sectors of the construction industry.
Looking to avoid untimely weather delays, quality control problems and fluctuating and unpredictable material costs and skilled labor shortages, more and more home-builders and developers are turning to factory-built construction to expand their market and get a head-start on their competition.
Today’s Systems Built housing is better than ever. On-time and volume purchasing enables manufacturers to help provide the consumer with amenity-filled homes or commercial projects at a reduced cost to you- the builder developer. Design flexibility allows for Systems Built construction to be used for a range of housing types, including both single and multi-family uses. Using Systems Built housing can also drastically reduce the development cycle time, and building homes or commercial projects in a quality-controlled factory environment with a reliable workforce enables you to deliver homes or commercial projects year round!
Benefits of Systems Built Construction
- All aspects of the construction process are controlled.
- The weather doesn’t interfere with construction and cause delays. Also inventory is better controlled and materials are protected from theft and weather-related damage.
- All technicians, craftsmen and assemblers are on the same team and are professionally supervised.
- All construction materials, as well as interior features and appliances are purchased in volume for additional savings.
- Cost of interim construction financing is significantly reduced or eliminated.
- Systems Built projects are financed using conventional mortgage products, and are viewed exactly the same as site-built homes or commercial projects in construction codes and zoning laws.
- All aspects of construction are continually inspected by not one, but several, inspectors.
- Systems Built projects come with all the features that you would find in a site-built home. Systems Built homes can even be custom built to your preferences using the latest in computer-assisted design.